Old October 25th 03, 05:00 PM
Denise

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

"cara" wrote in message

I have no experience with this at all, but the implication of 'truancy' to

me
means 'absences without parental knowledge or consent.'

I think in some school districts it doesn't matter the reasoning. I was
fairly high ranking in my high school class, all honors classes, all good
grades, but I spent the majority of my high school career on "academic
probation" for illnesses and absences that my parents had complete knowledge
of. I got suspended in the 9th grade for one day for having 5 excused
absences, if they were unexcused, it would have been after 3 that I was
suspended. Doesn't make sense to suspend me from school for not going, but
that's what they did. Bizarre rules.