Old January 1st 05, 10:11 PM
Rosalie B.

(beeswing) wrote:

Claire Petersky wrote:

Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on
new meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Sometime around the time I was 11 or 12, I grew right from the
children's department to misses (adult women's clothes) and from being
able to stand under my mom's outstretched arm to being taller than she
was. I was as tall as my dad. Now I wasn't particularly tall - a
little less than 5'8" but I had short parents.

None of my children except my son got as tall as I am, and my son was
only taller than I by about an inch so I really didn't have to deal
with this much.

However, I have a 10 year old grandson who wears a size small adult of
a size 16 boys, and wears size 10 men's shoes. He's not as tall as I
am nor yet my dd but I expect he will be soon. His dad's family is
all really tall. My SIL is about the shortest of them.

I also have a 24 year old grandson who is about 6'6", weighs well over
200 lbs. and wears XXL T-shirt. But he IS older. His dad is shorter
than he is, and his mom (my dd) is WAY shorter - even standing on the
fireplace hearth, she's still shorter than he is by at least a half a
head.

grandma Rosalie