Old July 31st 08, 05:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Default Allergic to dressings

lu-lu schrieb:

Yeah, I think it's the glue as it's the same shape as the outter area of the
plaster. I was stunned that she was even more allergic to the mepore
dressings as I can wear them, even I can;t wear plasters, and Ive never seen
a reaction to mepore or micropore.

It might not be the glue but the material/something in the material of
the plaster. An allergy to glue would probably show itself in other
areas, I had a woman helping me when I had Sara and she's allergic to
glue, she can not wear normal shoes only think! and another brand
because they don't use glue or rather they use glue only in areas that
never touch skin because they have a removable sole. She had loads and
loads of allergies and intolerances though, basically her immune system
was turning on her body :-/

I think it's the original cut that's bothering me more atm, it looks so
nasty now, esp in amongst all the redness and blisters, poor baby

Well, I hope it'll heal soon. You're lactating, aren't you? Put the
breastmilk to some use and put it on her cut, see if that helps....

cu
nicole