Old April 23rd 06, 05:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default will be away from 22 month old - wean prior?

ktuerk wrote:

So finally, I get to the question. I will be in California for 4
nights/5 days. Do I wean her from these last sessions before I go?
Will it be harder for her if I just leave without weaning? Should I
anticipate that the Wednesday night before I leave will be our last
nurse together? Aside from weaning, does anyone have suggestions how
to prepare her for my absence? Thanks so much for any advice, I'm
really feeling conflicted.

Karen
Mama to Amelia 7/04

I left Micah for 3 days/2 nights in January (he was 14 months and
nursing ~4-5 times/day), and another 3 days/2 nights in March (he was
down to ~2-3 times/day). Both times he resumed nursing without any
problems at all. I got pretty full and very uncomfortable in January
(I'd taken the manual pump, but I couldn't get very much out for some
reason), but in March I was just fine and didn't have to pump once.

Good luck and have a great trip!! And enjoy flying without having to
share your water/seat/window with a baby!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04