Old March 27th 05, 07:36 PM

Why would you tell - time will take care of it shortly anyway. I dunno
what you mean about it being inconvenient to hide stuff.

Even my older kids (mine are 14, 11 and 7) love the whole schtick of
the fiction and the surprise, so I never let them see any of the treats
or little presents prior to Easter morning. They come down, the baskets
are there and the eggs are hidden all over the house and they LOVE the
whole silly ritual.

Same goes for Christmas. The older two love the whole thing just as
much as their still semi-believing sister, so the only presents that go
under the tree prior to Christmas eve night (after they are in bed) are
those from other relatives such as packages that have come in the mail
from aunts and uncles. Everything from Santa/Mummy/Daddy is hidden
until everyone is in bed, and then DH and I stuff stockings and lug
everything down under the tree. There is a certain magic to waking up
to a big surprise. I figure they'll be grown up soon enough so they
might as well enjoy it while I can still engineer the fun.

As an adult, holidays become work-a-day fast enough when you are the
one having to produce the event - but I do remember how much fun it was
when I wasn't the one pulling the levers behind the curtain.

Mary G.