Old April 25th 09, 02:13 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Default mold

Are you positive that it is black mold? Or is it mold that is black? There
is a difference. It may just be surface mold and bleach water will take care
of it. I would not be ripping out walls until you know for sure what you are
dealing with.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

"toypup" wrote in message
We have a small bit of black mold on the baseboards near the entrance.
It's about 2" x 2". My husband is afraid of spending money on it, thinks
people blow this stuff out of proportion and wants to just use bleach and
just paint over it.

I say it might be a sign of a larger problem. I want it removed now and
fix whatever it is that is letting moisture in, even if it means ripping
out the wall. A little wall now is better than a lot of wall later.
Besides, maybe there is a whole area behind that wall full of mold.

I hear black mold spores are toxic. I'm sure he thinks that's all media
hype. What do you think?