Old May 17th 04, 03:29 PM
cara

Default Midwives and my birth/story

Jill wrote:

The past few days I have been in excriciating pain. The midwives , every
time I call them , get on me for mentioning the pain. They gave me Lortab
which is ineffective and finally ended up giving me Percocet. But my bottom
is SO sore. One of the midwives in the groups told me over the phone that
they didn't think I hurt any more than anyone else, that it was my "anxiety"
causing me to "think" I hurt bad.

I think its very irresponsible to be dissmissive of your post-partum
pain levels without actually checking you to rule out infection; either
way, pain is pain and should be dealt with. Glad you are enjoying
motherhood even if your labor and delivery wasn't ideal.

cara