Old May 19th 04, 08:59 PM
Welches

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but needhelp!)

zolw wrote in message
Hi;

So, I am due July 31st. My doctor is irritating the hell out of me.

I started seeing him even before I got pregnant & I must admit that I
had 100% faith in his medical abilities. He is not too friendly, but he
knows what he's doing.

Then when I got pregnant, we didn't feel the need to shop for a doctor,
since we knew how much we believed in his medical knowledge. Now we are
seriously having doubts.

I did the blood work, then around 16-17 weeks I had the AFP test (came
negative), then around 20 weeks I went for y ultrasound (at a prenatal
place & everything was fine with our little girl). Then we had an
appointment with my dr the next day, we let him know that we're having a
girl. Because I wasn't sure the report would arrive to him so soon, I
had taken an initial copy of the report to show him. A month later was
our next appointment, he acted like we hadn't met after we had the
ultrasound. He asked me if we already know the gender of the baby (I was
annoyed, but tried to convince myself that I am not the only atient he
has & that it might have sliped his mind. Realy all it would have taken
is to write it down on a piece of paper in my file)

Wouldn't expect him to remember. He may not want to write it down as he may
have patients that know but don't want others to know. I know one couple
whose huband knew and she didn't want to.

All the tests I had for #1 was u/s at 20 weeks. blood tests for rubella
immunity and blood group and heamoglobin (spelling?) at 12 weeks,
heamoglobin at 34 weeks. Then urine/blood pressure at the midwife
checks-which were less frequent than yours.

You're just reminding me of a conversation I had with my mum when I was
about 12. She asked if I'd partnered a particular person in games. I replied
"don't you remember, I partner *** in gym on Wednesdays". I couldn't
understand that she could be so stupid as to forget that I'd told her that
at least twice. Now I hear my daughter say the same things in the same tone,
as I repeat questions about pre-school.:-)
If it doesn't directly effect you, then you're less likely to remember. If
it was your best friend or dh forgetting then you could complain. You'd have
probably felt worse if he'd got it wrong, so he might have remembered but
hedged his bets in case he was wrong.
Be thankful you don't need closer doctoring, you're one of the boring
(thankfully) "normal" patients without much to distinguish you from the
other "normal" pregnant ones. It's a good position to be in. (speaking as
having not been a normal one last time :-( )
Debbie