Old May 25th 04, 08:14 PM
Donna

Default Life changes due to pregnancy (emotional, past loss ment)

"Donna Metler" wrote in message

snip

Is it normal to feel this upset about life changes? And to be wondering
right now if maybe I would have been better off adopting another kitten
instead of trying so hard to get pregnant again??

Oh, Donna, can I ever emphasize with what you are going through.
sympathetic smile I didn't have a previous loss, so I can't say whether
you'd feel better working or not, but I can tell you that for those of us
who waited a while to begin our families, there is a *huge* transition to
motherhood. I completely sympathize with your comment that you're having
your baby when most of your friends have finished having theirs. One of my
closest friends is taking her son to look at colleges this year, and we're
the same age!!!! And she didn't get pregnant as a kid, either - she was in
her twenties! Believe me, I can relate.

It's ok to grieve for the satisfying life you have had until now. You can
only take it on faith that what comes next will be just as good or better,
and that's a difficult faith to keep, particularly through the discomforts
of pregnancy, coupled with boredom.

I find that I get far broodier when I'm bored. Can you find something
exciting to fill your days until your baby comes?
Hobbies/volunteering/something fun? Housewifing will only entertain you so
much, I'm guessing.

For what it's worth, the transition from working to staying at home is
sometimes a bit rough for some of us. Keep an open mind - what you
think is going to work for you now, may not feel right to you next spring,
or in two years. So keep your options open and your expectations of
yourself flexible, so that you can do what is best for you.

Donna