Old May 28th 04, 03:32 PM
pologirl

Default Life changes due to pregnancy (emotional, past loss ment)

Donna Metler wrote:
The last day of school was yesterday-and I'm hitting major depression.

[...]
Is it normal to feel this upset about life changes?

Yes. Give yourself a little time to come down from the school year.
(Don't you usually feel depressed at this point in the school year?)

I had thought I would need desperately to return to work, and in a
sense I do...but not to the work that my old job morphed into while
I was gone immediately after the birth. My career may benefit from
a breather and some stock-taking, and it will still be there when I
am ready to go back to it. Actually, I can continue many aspects
of my career even while officially not in the workforce. An income
would be nice but at this point is optional. I worked out an income
and expense analysis, and if I work now and hire someone for child
care, I do not come out ahead, and I would be exhausted too. Not a
winning proposition. Also, like Jenrose, I have major plans for my
"free" time (ha ha), including *three* book projects.

Pologirl