Old May 25th 05, 11:30 PM
dragonlady

In article . net,
"Marion Baumgarten" wrote:

Although I did use some of How to Talk so your Kids Will Listen- I did (and
still do ) try to use logical consequences, I must be the last parent on
earth who told my kids they had to do what I said because it was their job
to obey me.

I never used that particular phrase, but, when they didn't like the
rational I used for a particular rule, I did resort to, "Because I'm the
Mom and I said so."

Which is pretty much the same thing . . .

It's a phrase I swore I'd never use, but one of mine never met a reason
she didn't want to argue about. It was either find a way to say
"because I said so" or spend 20 hours a day trying to explain to a 3 yo
WHY she had to stay in her car seat.