Old October 17th 05, 10:54 AM
Cocoamum

Default Irvings fire editor over breastfeeding cover

Mum of Two wrote:

You know, I think I've figured out why people have a problem with photos
like this, and breastfeeding in general. It can't be the breast - there
isn't even any nipple showing, and you can see more breast at the beach. I
think it's because our culture is so squeamish about body fluids. I think
the mere idea that there is a body fluid transfer going on that upsets
people with this problem.
It's a step away from wearing Michael Jackson-like gloves and masks and
putting blankets over your children.

What about blood transfusion - is that a problem as well?

There's bodily fluid and then there's bodily fluid. I certainly
distinquish. (the nice and the yucky)

Tine, Denmark