Old February 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Man wrongly convicted now owes $38,000 in back child support

"teachrmama" wrote in message ...
I notice that you did not respond to my answer to your question. I can only assume that it did not come through to
your server, so I am reposting it for you:

Moon:
Of course, if you REALLY want to get down to picayune semantics, he shouldn't have been in jail. Therefore, he
should have been continuing to support his children. So, who would you like to blame for that one?

TM:
I actually, have not been blaming people, Moon. I have been saying that it is outrageous that he has been hit with
such a huge arrearage. I think everyone involved should show compassion and remove this debt from him by whatever
means available. He has endured enough. Would you, in a similar circumstance, demand that money?

Moon:
I don't know. I DO know, however, that you don't show the same compassion for an alcoholic woman (keeping in mind
that alcoholism is a desease found in the physician's guide) who is unable to support her family :-)

It cuts both ways, Teach - even though you may not like it.

TM:
Are you saying that choosing to drink even though you know that taking that
first drink will cause a flare-ip of your disease is the same as being sent
to prison for a crime you didn't commit? Alcoholism can be
controlled--just don't drink.

It's a disease - a really ****ty one. I didn't say it was the same as being jailed, except that both can land a person
in a position where they are unable to support their families.

And, Moon, there is a huge difference between being unable to support your
family (such as being locked up in jail) and being unwilling to do so,
knowing that if you don't haul your butt out of bed and go to work, someone
else will step in and provide for both you and the children you bring into
the world. A huge difference. One is out of your control--and one is
choice.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with you on that last one.

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message ...

"Chris" wrote in message news:6JyGf.24798$sA3.24392@fed1read02...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

snip

I don't know. I DO know, however, that you don't show the same compassion
for an alcoholic woman (keeping in mind that
alcoholism is a desease

No it's not; it's a choice.

It's not only a disease, but it has been found to have genetic components.
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/NewsEvents/...s/physguid.htm
http://www.aafp.org/afp/990115ap/361.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

found in the physician's guide) who is unable to support her family :-)

It cuts both ways, Teach - even though you may not like it.

I mean, this will probably go around and around and around - and now
I'm a nice, handy target for the venom and
finger pointing for which this news group is so well known. So be it.

I don't recall having been venemous with you, Moon. I don't recall ever
being venemous with you, although we have had
some rather intense discussions.