Old October 3rd 03, 02:29 AM
dragonlady

Default military schools?

In article ,
(mbajema) wrote:

dragonlady wrote in message
In article ,
(mbajema) wrote:

"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote in message
Why military school? What do you hope to get from one?
:
:
: gee, maybe discipline, manners, courtesy, respect? Things that are
: SORELY lacking in the public school system these days....

That, precisely. Do you have any idea where we might start our search?

Why not start by looking in the mirror. The aforementioned
discipline, manners, courtesy, and respect starts in the home, you
fool.

Mary

That was certainly mannerly, courteous and respectful. . .

meh

Sorry, I call it as I see it. We are talking about him and his kid, not me.

Mary

I think I'm feeling cranky today, because normally I'd just let this go.

There is a big difference between calling it like you see it, and being
rude, discourteous, and disrespectful You could have said, "those
things start at home; you have to teach them by modeling the behavior
and by expecting it. The schools can't be expected to teach what the
children don't learn at home." I can't think of a THING that is added
to that by adding "you fool" or "look in the mirror".

If you are really interested in manners and courtesy and respect, you
have to model it all the time -- not just when you are feeling positive
about someone.

meh