Old February 4th 04, 10:13 AM
Matt C

Default HAIR LOSS AFTER PREGNANCY IS VERY HIGH

"javalearner" wrote in message
om...
"iphigenia" wrote in message

javalearner wrote:
i need a advice to control my hair loss.

You don't need all that special shampoo and stuff. This is just normal.

When
you're pregnant, your hair loss rate drops dramatically; a few months

after
giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose while you were pregnant falls
out. It'll stop after a bit.

hi
my baby is now 13 months old and my hairs were start lossing in
3months of him.
it still lossing very much. i'm not taking any medicine or other
things. and i'm healthy otherwise. but i don't no the reason for hair
loss.i guess it's breastfeed.what u think?

The hair loss usually starts at about 3 months, so that's perfectly normal.
It can be really heavy loss, and can go on for a long time. It is not
associated with breastfeeding.

With my first baby, I got worried when my hair was still falling out at 8
months, and I went to see a doctor. He did do a blood test (testing for
hormone imbalence IIRC), but typically my hair abrubtly stopped falling out
in handfuls straight afterwards!

If your worried, I would suggest seeing a doctor.

HTH

Jacqui