Old January 27th 04, 04:59 PM
Kari

Default Is there an equation ?

..
Finances. IME (not a lot) two kids are twice as expensive as one.

Yes and no for us. Insurance is the same, yes. Food, hardly any more because
my kids eat like birds and they eat the same kind of foods as we do (no
junkish kid food like hot dogs, chicken nuggets etc) I make my own baby food
from foods we eat anyway. I dont keep clothes to hand me down because of the
age gaps, I'd be storing stuff forever, but I shop on sale and on ebay but
that is one area I dont buy cheap unfortunately, I just can't help it (it's
an addiction really But college savings, yes it's definately more. We
have seperate savings accounts, IRA's, etc for each one and we put about
600.00 a month going into those for all 3. Dance classes (130.00 a month)
and Martial Arts (115.00 a month) are the only other things I can think of
though that are the big "extras" because everything else big like housing,
cars, utilities, we would be spending the same on with 1 or 3.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (3 mos)