Old April 4th 05, 08:51 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang wrote:

She wants to read books on the level of Harry Potter but they are way above
her level right now.

If she likes the fantasy-themed books, a simpler series she might enjoy
is Dragon Slayers' Academy. There is also a pair of books that my boys
enjoyed that are between the DSA level and HP level: The Wizard in the
Woods and The Wizard in Wonderland by Jean Ure. (And I just discovered
while checking those titles that there's actually a third book in that
series that our library doesn't have: The Wizard and the Witch.)

Anyhow, hope those help a bit for books she may be able to read on her
own, in addition to listening to the harder books on tape. Btw, if you
can access the books on tape version of "I Was a Sixth Grade Alien" by
Bruce Coville, it's one of my kids' favorites.

--Robyn