Old August 26th 06, 04:31 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default How to tie shoelaces

"bizby40" wrote in message

"toypup" wrote in message
et...
DS is 5yo and he's got the first step down, crossing one lace under the
other. Now, I've just got to show him to make two bunny ears and cross
them again. The two bunny ears method was what I remember learning first
as a child, then I graduated to the more common method later on. Anyway,
to answer your question, our school requires the children know how by
first grade, because the teachers don't want to tie 30 children's
shoelaces several times a day.

I must say that the more you talk about your school, the more I dislike
it. I'm glad it's a good fit for you, but gosh, it seems like they are
just chock full of pressure about almost everything. Do they require kids
to wear tie shoes too?

No, they don't require them to wear tie shoes. The dress code is very
strict, though. It's really not a good school for everyone, as you can see.
The level they are teaching at is just right for DS, but too advanced for
some kids. I don't think that should be, but oh well. At least it suits
DS. They are very strict about a lot of things, but DS likes structure, so
it works for him.

One of my coworkers put her children in that school because they did not
like structure and she wanted the kids to be more structured. It was a
complete clash for them. When she finally transferred them out, she said
they were so happy because there were fewer rules.