Old September 4th 03, 01:03 PM
Naomi Pardue

Default What I Saw in Target Today

I think Booby is fine. I can't imagine a child saying "I want your tit".
People would definitely stare

The are all more appropriate for kids.

I guess I just don't quite see why 'booby' is MORE appropriate than 'num-nums'
or 'milky' or 'Mom-milk' or some other more 'neutral' baby-talk term, if you
are wanting to introduce a baby-talk term for the child.
(Several sources I saw recommended that you SHOULD introduce a
'non-embarassing' term that you use around the toddler, so you DON'T end up
with a situation where, (as some posters wrote), DH (or you) calls it "the boob
bar" (or whatever) so that's what the child starts calling it -- and then, in
public, he starts crying for "the boob-bar!")

IMO, "boob" is an ADULT slang term for breast (or an adolescent insulting term
for it), not an endearing toddler term.
IMO, cute slang terms are fine with our nursing kids, but, when mature adults
are talking about breastfeeding, the word is BREAST, not boob. (Hint... on that
*other* group, they tend to call it "boobfeeding".... We don't really want to
be emulating THEM, do we?)

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)