Old September 4th 03, 06:14 PM
Jan Andrea

Default What I Saw in Target Today

"DGoree" wrote:
I am wondering though if we are seeing an age difference here, at least

among
US posters--I can accept that words have different connotations in other
English-speaking countries (hi, Chookie!). This past summer I was shocked

hear a twenty-something mom say to her very young daughter, "Your boob's
showing," meaning that her swimsuit had slipped and was exposing her

nipple.
It didn't seem to bother the other young parents around but it didn't sit

well
with me. However, at 42 I am older than most parents with young children

and
certainly older than the majority of posters here.

I don't think I'd use the term to an older-than-toddler girl to refer to her
nipple -- that's kind of icky. I'm 29, for what that's worth.

Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Strychnine, EDD 29 September 2003