Old May 11th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default PA: Sperm doner MUST pay child support

wrote:
http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnews...that_male.html

Superior Court holds sperm donor responsible for child support for
children of separated lesbian couple
Posted by Reggie Sheffield/The Patriot-News May 09, 2007 13:00PM
In what legal experts are calling a precedent, a three-judge panel of
the state Superior Court has ruled that a York County man must pay
child support for two children of a lesbian couple for whom he acted
as a sperm donor.

Quoting an earlier court decision, Senior Judge John T.K. Kelly wrote
that "stepparents who have held a child out as their own are liable
for support; biological parents who have exercised the rights
appurtenant to that status can be no less bound."

Actually, isn't this the case where the estate has to pay child support?
And if that's the case, I have a question: in joint couples, I believe
requirements for support stop when you die. There's inheritance, but
that is not a regular payment.