Old December 16th 03, 01:02 AM
Mark

Default Does Advair cause increased bed wetting?

(Jan) wrote in message . com...
My 6-year old son has mild asthma and has been inhaling Advair for the
past one week. He used to rarely "wet his bed" (once a week or less)
prior to using the medication, but we have noticed that lately he is
bed-wetting every night about 3 or 4 times. I was just wondering if
the asthma related drugs are causing this phenomenon of increased bed
wetting and is it temporary (somewhere I read that breathing problems
could cause bed wetting but he never complains of any breathing
problems except when he has asthma flare-ups which is only once in 6
months or so)? Any experiences likes this and any suggestions? (Of
course, we have decided to use good-nites for now till he completes
his medication).

Thanks in advance for any responses
Jan

If he is sleeping more soundly since starting Advair, I could see that
as a possible contributing factor to his bedwetting.

That having been said, I would let his pediatrician know what's going
on; he/she will probably want to check into it further and rule out
UTI, etc.

Mark, MD