Old March 1st 04, 03:22 PM
P.Fritz

Default Empowering boys

Personal experiences doesn't alter statistical relevance, (as much as you'd
like it to) but it is very easy to generate a phony statistic by repeating a
lie long enough, or misconstruing data. I saw some stats that showed
somewhere between 3 and 5 % of men had been sexually assualted AND that 1 in
6 had occurred prior to the age of 16........it is easy to see how that
might have become what the OP posted, hence my 'feeling' If you have
information differently, please post it. Next time you might want to think
a little more before trying to flame.

"Joelle" wrote in message
I have a feeling that the 1 out of 6 is a phony statistic......

Right. People's personal experiences are not relevent to discussions, but

your
"feelings" are.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle