Old June 26th 07, 03:25 PM posted to misc.kids
JH

Default Chinese Accent?

Boliath wrote:

No accent? How is that possible? What would it sound like?

Good point.
Accents are relative (which is the point you are trying to make, I
think).
As adults we learn to accept different accents at our workplace, etc.
But I would not record my mother-in-law trying to sing a German
nursery rhyme for a toy targeted at German kids.
That would annoy the mainstream Germans.
Not to mention the possiblility of kids picking up a foreign accent.

With regard to the VTech toy, the accent is mild, but the lady sang
"Old Macdonald Had a Farm" -
"with a moo moo here, and a moo moo here"
(the 2nd part should have been "with a moo moo *THERE*", and even the
lyrics in the book read "THERE".

Not trying to nitpick, but the Chinese lady did Old Macdonald an
injustice