Old February 12th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Support for Child who is a parent?

"Beverly" wrote in message
I thought that having a baby and keeping it was an "emancipation
event." If I were the OP, I would ask that the court consider her
emancipated and stop the child support.

I think the states are consistent on the issue of CS termination. Reasons
include marriage, emancipation by court order, enlisting in the armed
forces, being deported, the child dies, custody changes, and whatever age/HS
graduation/college support law the state has established.

Having a baby is not an "emancipation event." If an underage girl gets
married to her baby's father that is an emancipation event. This is just
one more example of how government policy discourages marriages.