Old January 24th 04, 07:07 PM
Beth Kevles

Default OT - Doll House experiences and questions (xpost)

Hi -

My mother bought an antique dollhouse when I was an infant, then gave it
to me when I was about 3 years old. I played and played and played with
it, all the time! I remember a litter of kittens being forced to play
in it, too ... I must have been about 6 or 7 at the time. I still have
the dollhouse, but the box with all the furniture, etc. has gone missing
since our last move :-( .

I'd get the nicest dollhouse you can for the money you're being given by
the insurance company. Then turn around and sell it, since you have no
space. In a couple of years, when you see which way your daughter is
tending (to play or not to play with dolls), then get what seems
appropriate.

I only have little boys. They play with castles and knights, but family
dolls have been boring since they turned about 5 years old. Sigh.

My two cents,
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.