Old January 24th 04, 09:45 PM
just me

Default OT - Doll House experiences and questions (xpost)

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...

So, first, what do you think I should do? And, for those of you who
had dollhouses, did you like them? Did you play with them?

Cathy -

My sister and I shared a dollhouse which my Dad made for us when I was about
three or four. It was a simple 2-story affair with 2 bedrooms/bath/living
room, dining room and kitchen, and *stairs* to the second floor. It had
plastic furniture and several dolls that were about 3 inches tall, iirc. We
loved that thing and played with it often, as did our visiting friends.

My Dad's parents had a metal one, similar up/down stairs arrangement,
similar plastic furniture [no stairs though]. they got it specifically for
their three granddaughters as they had only had sons. We all played with
that thing whenever we visited.

I think I stopped playing with the dollhouses when I was about 11 or 12.
They still bring back fond memories, just like paper dolls and all my Breyer
horses do. If I had a daughter I'd have given her a dollhouse, too, as well
as introduced her to paper dolls. One thing, though, that I've learned with
DS, is that the things which I enjoyed as a child are not necessarily what
he enjoys, so I'd start with an inexpensive version to see what the
reception would be, and then I'd consider the expensive one - if it was for
my daughter.

IF, however, I really wanted it and had a place in my home where it could be
displayed to nice effect, I'd give it strong consideration to buy, now, for
me, and then I'd get into all those doll house collectibles that I see in
the nicer toy stores. You know, toys don't have to be just for kids. ;-)

-Aula, who has her childhood Breyer horses on display