Old May 28th 04, 01:02 PM
Jill

Default Percentiles and weight (x-posted)

"Carol Ann" wrote
I tried to pump last nite b/c Morgan didn't eat so much due to her fever.

only managed to pump an oz. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it

didn't
feel very good.

Do you just use the Isis or also an electric pump?I have the Medela Harmony
which is supposed to be very similar to the Isis and I liked it at first, I
tried it as soon as my milk came in and was able to get an ounce pumped
several times a day...but I realized it was making me raw and sore, when
nursing was not.

I can't decide what to do- should I just go ahead and rent a Medela Pump in
Style for a week from the hospital to see if it works for me then go ahead
and buy that, or should I try something smaller like the Medela
mini-electric? That's $80...but by the time you buy a couple of pumps that
don't work you should have just put the $$ toward the better one. I hear the
Isis works better than electric for a lot of women ubt I figure if the
Harmony isn't doing very well with me the Isis might eb about the same...

I am not going back to work while nursing, but I want to pump as much as
possible. Right now I need a nap, she has been nursing every hour it seems,
and so I can't sleep, and no one can help me. I wish my husband could take
her for about 6 hours. I haven't slept more than 2 in a row since I had her.
I'm not frustrated or anything but sleep sure would feel nice! (I'm
surprised I am so relaxed, having had no sleep....before I had her I
wouldn't have been able to make it on lack of sleep!) But I would have more
energy if I could just sleep.....

Jill