Old September 19th 06, 03:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
Irrational Number

Default Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

wrote:
I am about 3 months pregnant and I have 4 stepson's (one away at
college) ages: 13, 13, 16 and 18. [...]

Anyhow, I was hoping that someone out there can offer me some advice
about breastfeeding with older children, specifically boys, around.

The first couple of weeks, breastfeed in your bedroom
so that they don't see you naked from the waist up
for hours at a time while you learn how to breastfeed.
With DS#1, I didn't know how to BF with a bra on and
I was so exhausted that I didn't care, but there were
only DH and my mom around.

Then, practice breastfeeding in front of the mirror so
that you don't show too much flesh. Yes, BF is natural
and good, but you don't have to flash everyone all the
time.

And then, just do it as if it's the most natural thing
in the world!

I have BFed in front of DH's teenage cousins at the
family reunion. Of course, they were not my stepsons,
but they were 14- and 11-year-old boys. I actually
don't even recall wondering what they would think
about it and I don't think they even cared.

-- Anita --