Old July 14th 06, 07:43 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
CY

Default birth control??

I concur.

I used Micronor for about 9 months and I really hated it. I was spotting
ALL the time and I just could not remember to take it when I was supposed
to. Then I switched to a diaphragm, which was fine when I only had one
child but with two kids, the window of "opportunity" seems smaller and we
just couldn't get it together fast enough!!!

So then we switched to the Mirena. I was kinda worried about the insertion
aspect of the IUD, but once I heard everyone here talking about how they
liked it, I decided to do it. It was majorly painful for me to have it
inserted, but I apparently have a very long cervix, so I assumed that was
what caused it. If I do it again I will take pain medication before instead
of after the insertion. I cramped for about 2 days after, but all of that
was a small price to pay for the incredible convenience factor. I am 13
months pp and haven't had a period, only a couple of days of spotting once.
It's great!

Good luck!

CY
"Jess" wrote in message

"KR" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is most effective? What is easier with less
problems??

Mirena. Ten minutes for the insertion, ibuprofen for a couple of days and
you get the strings trimmed if you need to. Easy.

Jess