Old May 28th 04, 07:38 PM
Ilse Witch

Default Quantitiative hcG tests

On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:34:33 -0700, DL wrote:

When I went to my dr., he basically said "stay healthy and we'll see
you at eight weeks". So are the quantitative hcG tests something
people are seeing as routine to other doctors, or are they primarily
given when m/c is feared?

Quantitative hCG tests are indeed mainly used when m/c is feared or a
woman has other problems that may cause a high-risk pregnancy. In a
normal, healthy woman, many doctors don't even do a qualitative hCG test
after a positive HPT. So don't worry, you're not missing essential care.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)