Old November 2nd 06, 01:20 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

Default Video games

"Marie" wrote in message
"Sue" wrote in message
newsOidncBiRomef9TYnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Kids don't really enjoy adult conversation and I don't see
anything wrong with the kids playing the video game.

Maybe your kids don't enjoy adult conversation but most kids I know
do!
On the other hand, I know an adult man who brings his gameboy to
people's homes and sits playing it instead of interacting with
people.

But these kids must not have, or else they wouldn't have been playing
the video game. The way I see it, if my kids have friends over, I
expect them to play together with little interaction with me. If I
happen to be in the same room for some reason, I don't feel that I
need to get up and leave, but neither do I feel like I have to join
in. By the same token, if I have a friend over, the two of us will
sit and talk, and as long as the kids aren't actively bugging us, I
don't see that my friend's visit should really have an impact on them.

Bizby