Old May 19th 04, 10:50 PM
melizabeth

Default cocoa butter comparisons (LONG and X-posted)

"Em" wrote in message

I used this kind for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. I liked it quite
a bit (someone gave it to me as a pampering gift at my Blessingway). I
also used the Body Shop's cocoa butter roll-on stick. I used that prior
to getting Queen Helene's, because I liked how the QH's was thicker and
seemed to "coat" better. I felt like I really had to smear and smear
with the stick, before it made any impact on my skin.

I didn't get any stretch marks on my belly. I did get one small one on
my hip (hardly noticeable), one small one on each breast, and one or two
on my rear. Avoiding them on my belly was all I really cared about, so I
feel happy! My mom did get stretch marks all over her belly, so either
the cocoa butter worked for me, or I got non-mark genes from my dad's
side. I also drank a lot of water while pregnant, which is supposed to
help with elasticity.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old!

Y'know, I was wondering how water impacted the skin's elasticity and
stretchmarks. I feel like a camel right now (am apparently storing a ton of
water), and that is mainly what I drink during the day with the occasional
soda or cup of coffee. I was wondering about the genetics from my dad's
side of the family, too. Well, I will be sure to provide a stretch mark
update as I get closer to delivering.