Old May 17th 04, 01:33 PM
Rosalie B.

"Denise Anderson" wrote:

"Sophie"

We have them here. They're so loud. A friend of mine who's English was
terrified to touch her jog stroller that she left outside last year cos

this
HUGE bug was on it. She was *fascinated* when I told her it was just the
shell and what it was. My kids picked up a shell and kept it on the

kitchen
counter for ages, creeped me out. I won't touch them.

When I lived in Virginia, I thought they were the coolest things ever. When
I went home to Florida they creeped me out. Must be a grown up thing

I don't think so - or maybe I'm not grown up yet.

The cicadas where I live (southern MD) apparently are on a different
cycle. There's no sign of them yet.

grandma Rosalie