Old November 13th 03, 07:04 PM
Sue

Default Pedicures/Calf Massage...total no-no?

Denise wrote in message
That's silly and there's absolutly no truth that I can find in medical
studies to even suggest anything like that. As a matter of fact, all I

can
find are sites that endorse pregnancy message, including the calves and
thighs.

It certainly is a medical fact or at least it was when I was in school. I
learned this through medical training I recieved as as a nursing assistant.
We were not allowed to massage calf muscles because of blood clots that
could be there and it can loosen up and move to the lungs. However, I don't
think all people are at risk, but certainly a pregnant woman would be with
more blood flow. Certain people who are bedridden, but if you are an active
pregnant woman, than I am sure the risks are very low. But, it is true. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)