Old April 27th 08, 06:52 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Areba

Default Raising boys

Hi everyone

The most common question I get asked while pregnant..

Is it a boy or girl..

We simply don't know..but I do daydream about it often. What could it be????

However, as much as I will be over the moon and thrilled at whatever sex
the baby is, there is that tiny bit of apprehension I have if its a boy.

I am one of 5 girls
Most of my girlfriends have daughters
I do have 1 nephew close to me
I am bombarded with women in my life
The Estrogen levels defiantly out numbers the testosterone levels around me.
I understand the mental makeup of girls much more than boys

and although I love the men in my life as much as the women, I often
think...will it be easy to naturally gravitate without effort towards my
baby if my baby is a boy.

I have no idea about raising a boy. Is this a common apprehension, or am
I just thinking hot air and any apprehension I have now will disappear
the moment I see my son for the first time..if its a boy..

Now, all four of my sisters are pregnant also. All four are having
boys..none of my sisters have any apprehension at all and are fully
confident that they can raise a boy.

Basically I am a little scared that I am going to ****up somehow. My
husband on the other could care less.. he is ready to rock and roll
fully confident what ever the sex is. What gives me great comfort is,
that seeing my husband is male..he knows instinctively about boys and
comes from a long line of boys himself.

Its not something I am stressing over. I know that I will enjoy been a
mother to bits and give just as many hugs and kisses no matter what..
But the thoughts are there..niggling ones..

Anyone else felt anything similar?

Areaba..