Old December 10th 03, 10:11 PM
Buzzy Bee

Default Birth story: very late and *extremely* long

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:55:24 +0000, Anne Rogers
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Congratulations to anyone who read this far. I hope that it may have
provided some food for thought which may perhaps help someone else some day
to have a more straightforward birth than they might have.

I made it, it almost moved me to tears.

Me too!

I was aiming for a homebirth on the NHS, the way my care worked was that I
saw the same midwife for my antenatal and postnatal appointments, which
was good and if she was on duty I'd get her for the birth. As it turned
out, she was not on duty for any of the times I had a midwife visit (4 day
latent phase), though she did appear at one point when all contractions
had stopped but my waters had gone and booked an induction. I actually
really like this state of affairs, I got the continuous care from her, but
for the actual birth, which is very undignified it was a stranger, which
suited me much better, I'll be aiming for the same thing again, fingers
crossed with the same midwife.

I really liked the continuity of care I got (independent midwife, the
only way round here) and can't imagine having anyone else present at
my next birth, but unfortunately circumstances are we will have at
least one midwife we have never met at the next one (sent by the local
hospital, even though I refuse to have any antenatal care there). If
we opt for a hospital birth it will be a whole load of strangers, but
I very much hope I can have 'my' midwife with us as lead practitioner.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com