Old October 21st 04, 04:27 PM
Anne Rogers

My dr approves of Benedryl (diphenhydramine?) as a sleeping aid and also
chamomile tea. YMMV with either. Benedryl suits me just fine, but if my
husband takes it to sleep he's dopey the next morning.

great, that's what my OTC ones have in them

On me Benadryl simply doesn't work (to put me to sleep, that is, works
fine on
hay fever). Some people just don't get sleepy from antihistamines.

Most OTC sleep aids, as far as I know, are failed antihistamines that made
people drowsy more than they actually helped any allergy symptoms.

they usually work for me and I don't suffer after effects