Old September 19th 04, 11:12 PM
Naomi Pardue

So DD gets an unsolicited invitation from People to
People Student Ambassadors yesterday to visit
Australia next Summer. My cursory websearch of it
shows that it's seemingly on the up-and-up, but I

thought I'd ask if anyone on mkm had experience
with it.

I'm unable to find anything on the website
about cost. Hmmm. So I gotta ask: is
it just a glorified travel company that

My daughter got an invite last summer (to go to California) and one for next
summer to go to the U.K.

We went to the presentation for the California one last year, but opted not to
send her. And we'll skip the U.K. one. The trips seem well run, but are VERY
expensive (I worked out that the three of us could have taken a 2 week vacation
in California for about the same they were charging for just Shaina to go.)
And yeah, at the presentation they took a long time getting around to talking
about the cost. They really want to get you hooked before saying "And, oh, by
the way, it's such and so many thousands of dollars...."

I also had some trouble with the mixed messages we were getting at the
presentation -- that, on the one hand, this was supposed to be a program for
only a tiny number of top level students, personally selected to go on these
trips. Yet, on the other hand, we were shown VERY long lists of local students
who had taken the trips in recent years.

While I'd certainly love to give Shaina a chance to go to England, I think I'd
rather plan a trip for US, that we could all enjoy together, seeing things that
particularly interest us.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)