Old November 24th 04, 04:17 PM
Tiffany

"Cele" wrote in message
On 24 Nov 2004 13:19:23 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Hello, I haven't been reading much lately .......I have been babysitting
for my
step daughter , her son, my 23 month old grandson........On Monday we had
another granddaughter! Gabriel Gayle by Gayles son David this time
That's 5
grandkids now and counting ! It's great

The question is: Since monday.....My 23 month grandson kristopher
started
having Diahrea, after about 4 episodes it began to look like blood so we
ended
up in the ER 5 hours to leave with no diagnosis? So far they have not
diagnosed
him! First they said Samonella sp? poisoning....then they decided NO to
that
now they simply say maybe it is a viral infection ? They have given him no
medication...no nothing but a water and bread diet . and he continues to
have
an episode about a half hour after he has his prison rations ? Has anyone
experienced anything like this and what was it diagnosed as ? Thanks in
advance for any and all responses.

Get him to a doctor. If he's still no better a day after emerg, get
him to a doctor. This happened to my eldest when she was four - one
day, it was the old starvation diet and the next day she was admitted,
stat, so fast they wouldn't let me get her some clothes on the way
home from the doctor's office.

And she was nearly twice his age. They dehydrate *very* quickly.

Get to a doctor. Right away. Emerg, if needed.

Cele

I have a friend whose little girl died a day after a visit to the ER for
those same sort of symptoms. She dehydrated. I just didn't want to scare Bev
but GET THE KID TO THE MD.