Old November 27th 04, 06:07 PM
Cele

On 24 Nov 2004 17:05:55 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Sorry...it's nuts at work....catching up on backlog.....I'm probably
answering this way too late. :-(

Thanks Cele, did your daughter also have the blood ? The diahrea hasn't
concerned me as much as the fact there was blood?

My daughter had vomiting and diahrrea but I don't recall whether there
was blood. We're talking...lesseee....15 years ago now. She's an
adult. :-) Anyway, the concern is dehydration. It's *very* dangerous
in little kids because their bodies are so small they dehydrate very,
very quickly and this can kill them, fast. I knew to take her off all
solids and put her on clear fluids only right away, and had done that,
and had her on flat gingerale (which is what they used before
pedialyte). But even a teaspoon eventually set her off, and she became
critically ill very quickly. That's when I took her back and she was
admitted.

he is improving today, I feel so bad for this poor baby , 3 weeks ago he got
slammed with an allergic reaction to Augmentin , his poor little butt welted
and burned from the reaction which was then diahrea ? He ended up with a severe
yeast infection and he screamed bloody murder when ever he went in his diaper.

Poor little widget. That sucks.

His mom keeps asking these doctors if this could all still be from that and
they say no cause he was off all antibiotics for a week prior to this happening
? I guess this is why they say doctors "practice" medicine ! Bev

I hope he's well now.

Cele