Old August 8th 04, 04:50 AM
Vicki S

Default September due dates 09/04

"Mary S." wrote:
How are all the almost-almost-theres?

Really IMPATIENT. And huge, too. I look perfectly bizarre.

Knee-deep in childbirth classes?

Not a one. This is baby #3. We didn't bother last time and we sure
weren't going to bother this time. It didn't even cross my mind,
actually. I learned almost nothing from the class I took with the
first pregnancy. That might have influenced my thinking. I haven't
read any books this time, either.

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

I've been waking up a ton at night for what feels like months now.
Actually, I really ought to go to bed soon!

Take some video of those alien-baby-earthquake kicks and tumbles, if you
can catch them.

Mmm. That's not a bad idea. We've taken plenty of still pictures but
no video.

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best. How's life
generally treating you these days? Updates, vents, rants, complaints,
mushy sentimental gushings, we love it all.

I'm getting hiccups but, truthfully, I don't enjoy feeling movement.
Most of it is uncomfortable and some of it really hurts. Sheesh but I
am tired of being pregnant. I am now 36 weeks and SICK of being
pregnant. I think I've been pregnant for years. I deeply wanted this
baby, but I've found myself envying Perdita (the mama dog) in 101
Dalmations. To be pregnant for only 10 weeks! And then have all the
kids you could ever want, all at once!

My kids have been watching a LOT of movies lately, for which I feel
rather guilty. But I'm too tired for all our regular outings. My 4.5
year old has only 2 swim lessons left and I will be so grateful when
they are over.

I want to have this baby halfway through my 37th week, while my
midwife is in town. (Her backup is just fine, but it's not the same.)
It's either that or cross my legs for a week and wait for her to come
back from another vacation. I knew this would happen when I chose
her, but she was there for my other two births and, well, it feels a
little different now that the time is more at hand.

I was certain for months that I was having a boy, but I'm much less
certain now. It won't be long till I know for sure, though!
Hopefully we'll get everything ready/prepared beforethe birth -
including choosing a name. I think we'll do a bit of shopping
tomorrow.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/16/99;