Old August 10th 04, 11:30 PM
Carlye

Default September due dates 09/04

"Mary S." wrote in message ...
How are all the almost-almost-theres? Knee-deep in childbirth
classes?

No, actually... We went to the first of three sessions, and decided
not to go back. I have read sooo many books, magazines, articles, etc
on childbirth that she didn't really offer much "new" news, and the
class gets us home past 10 p.m. at night (Ugh). But mostly, it was
because the most beneficial part of the class (in my opinion, at
least), the Lamaze instruction, gave my DH continual excuses to try
and crack me up. The twit had me unable to control my laughter on
several occassions. I think after our repeated interruptions of
"cleansing breaths," the instructor wasn't too sorry to see us go...
I was so embarrassed. At least my doula can instruct us on most of
the breathing techniques!

Waking up a zillion times at night, have to pee more often?

Ohmygoodness, YES. I never knew sleep could be so difficult.
Bathroom visits on the hour, every hour, and waking up uncomfortable
about every half hour. I cannot believe there are 7 more weeks of
this for me!

Any belly hiccups? Those are the best.

I am experiencing pelvic hiccups. When my baby gets the hiccups, her
head seems to bounce down and hit me in the pelvis, cervix, or
something else down around there. All I know is, it makes for a
rather odd (and, lets face it, not comfortable) sensation.

How's life generally treating you these days?

Well, I had my 33 week appointment yesterday. I was glad. It had
been 5 weeks since my last one, and so much had changed I was very
eager to see my doc and know everything was okay. He had me feel the
baby's head with my hands (it's SO BIG!) which was a first for me.
I was disappointed that he didn't want to see me again for 3 weeks --
I was really hoping to move up to every two weeks by now, but he said
there was no need. I'm glad he doesn't see anything wrong, but then
again, I like the reassurance of appointments -- I wouldn't mind more
frequent ones. I am beginning to wonder whether he is planning to
miss my birth, though. Two months ago, he said he wanted me to see a
3rd year resident in addition to him, "just in case" he couldn't make
it to the birth (which is odd, since there is always that chance).
Now, all I've seen is the resident, and my doc just kind of comes in,
gives my belly a squeeze or two, and leaves. I asked if he was
planning to be available for the birth (for heaven's sake, I have him
listed -all over- my preregistration forms) and he said, "Well
hopefully, but if not, Matt (the resident) can take care of you."
Matt is a nice enough person, but although I may be my doctor's only
current OB patient, I think I am Dr. Matt's -first- OB patient. He is
incredibly nervous and doesn't understand a lot of my questions
(including the pretty common terminology I use). Although he is nice,
I just don't -like- him. Oh well.