Old November 27th 03, 06:53 AM
raina120

"Specialsearcher" wrote in message

Bob says the Constitution requires equal treatment under the law.
If the NCLB qualifies as "equal treatment" then so does the NGLB.
WTF is the difference?

I would settle for a division of groups. Keep the smart kids with the

smart
kids and the slow kids with the slow kids. That way most of them will be
learning as much as they can as fast as they can.

The problem that I have with this notion is a social one. My daughter is a
gifted student. Her school decided that this was a good idea too. They
seperated the grade into three levels - those working above grade level (or
the gifted students), those working on grade level, and those working below
grade level (the remedials). The problem was that my middle-class,
non-white child (because of her intelligence) was stuck in a classroom with
upper middle white children. She was not around other children like herself
and felt very much on the outside fringe of the group for the last three
years that she was in elementary school. She felt punished for her
intelligence, and no child ought to feel that way.