Old September 27th 03, 01:38 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Default weight loss during pregnancy

Jill writes:

But mention it to your doctor who I am sure is checking your weight at
each visit, and she will tell you if there is a concern.

Just a quick comment that around here (UK) it no longer seems standard to
check weight at every visit, or indeed at all. My midwife says that they
don't do it because it doesn't give useful information (and can cause a lot
of unnecessary worry for women who think they should follow "the standard"
pattern). The woman knows whether she is finding it possible to eat well or
not, and also knows whether she has a lot of swelling or not, so it is
better to ask directly about those things. Just so no-one thinks they're
getting substandard care if their provider is not checking their weight -
of course I second the idea of mentioning anything worrying.

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th