Old October 25th 03, 10:00 PM
dragonlady

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

In article ,
"Denise" wrote:

"Brandy Kurtz" wrote in

I have faced truancy problems with my 7 year old, but due to medical
problems. In our district the children are allowed 20 days per 180
year of school. Anything over that requires a doctors note. Just
because your dd is so much smarter than all the rest of the kids and
you have financial influences in the school, they still can't bend the
rules. It is a fact that her teacher will have to spend extra time and
effort with your child to get the missed work done, which will take
time away from the children that need her guidance. Since you think
school is such a waste of time for her then you should just
home-school, and let her socialize after school hours.

Brandy

wow... talk about putting words in someone else's mouth. I must have missed
the post where the OP said all that.

While I might not have phrased it exactly the way Brandy did, I
certainly wondered why the OP felt it necessary to point out her
family's financial contributions.

I did understand why she was pointing out that her daughter wasn't
suffering academically -- that is, imo, relevant to the concerns about
missed classes. The fact that the family funded things in the community
didn't seem to be relevant.

meh