Old November 4th 07, 12:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Citizen Jimserac

Default The Assault On Medical Freedom / Excellent expose on earlier Quackwatch / NCAHF Operations

On Oct 31, 7:35 am, "JOHN" wrote:

Well, I recently posted about Homeopathy on alt.talk.royalty a few
days ago because I had heard that the Queen and other members of the
royal family used Homeopathic doctors and I wanted to learn why. I
knew nothing about Homeopathy and I am not a defender of it and have
never used it.

I got attacked for promoting some sort of charlatanism and quackery
and I responded by pointing out that perhaps they should attack the
pharmaceutical drug companies and take a look at all the drugs that
are KILLING PEOPLE with their "double blind" scientifically "sound"
testing procedures. I wonder what percentage of "approved" drugs are
withdrawn because they turned out to be not so "sound" after all!

I found a book, "The Patient and the Cure" by a Dr. Marjorie Blackie
who was a personal homeopathic doctor to the Queen some years ago and
it is quite simply a revelation to read of the radically different
philosophy of homeopathy and its rather interesting curative remedies
AND of the reports of people cured of various ailments, some of the
serious ones, by this interesting alternative medicine.

Now I still don't "belive" in Homeopathy (yet), have never tried it
and may never use it. BUT AT LEAST, after reading some books, I can
at least keep an open mind and find out what it is all about
and most especially think for myself and decide RATHER THAN have the
AMA or hysterical opponents of "scientific" medicine
(whatever the hell that is supposed to be - look at the "spontaneous
remission" cases of cancer!) block me from even daring to entertain
the idea that some therapy other than their APPROVED AND SANCTIFIED
ONES just might be of some benefit.

I am well aware of the dilution of homeopathic formulas, avogadro's
law and all the rest of the near hysterical arguments that it is all a
fraud. What bothers me is that these same people who have convinced
themselves, sometimes to an unreasonable degree that homeoapthy is
worthless, will ACCEPT, without question, the propaganda of the drug
companies about the scientific "validity" of their double blind
sanctimonious testing - even when that is leading to the approval of
drugs which kill hundreds (or is it thousands) of people before being
quietly and hastily withdrawn in the midst of a surge of lawsuits.

For two hundred years there have been reports of cures, sometimes
dramatic ones, from homeopathy. I am well aware of the value and
limitations of anecdotal reports and am also well aware that that many
people over that long a period of time cannot all be entertaining the
"placebo" effect, nor lying, nor making up stories, including the
Queen of England.

Citizen Jimserac
"Alternative" therapies? Why not?
Could we do worse than what we have now for
"standard" therapies? Who put THEM in charge
of MY health?