Old November 4th 07, 12:33 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Citizen Jimserac

Default The Assault On Medical Freedom / Excellent expose on earlier Quackwatch / NCAHF Operations

On Oct 31, 3:33 pm, "Peter Moran" pmoranATinternode.on.net wrote:
"JOHN" wrote in message

Where did I ever say that? I never would. I know that by far the
majority of cancers that are cured are cured by surgery. Radiotherapy
cures some more. Only a few particular varieties of cancer are regularly
cured by chemotherapy, and most chemotherapy usage is not expected to cure.

I would suggest a little care on that "cure" word
when referring to surgery or other traditional approaches.
I'm reading a book on Homeopathy right now (yes yes I know all the
standard attacks against it, am not a defender,but I do reserve the
right to make up my own mind) and it is
really interesting to see the totally different approach of the
Homeopathists to the philosophy of treating the patient and what
exactly a cure is.

Allopathic medicine seems to deal with a "patient" who has some
diseased portion of body tissue. Homoepathy deals with a person as a
single entity with a mind, undivided into bones and tissue and vessels
with plumbing attachments. The change in the point of view has
ENORMOUS consequences both in diagnosis and in effecting a "cure".
The pharmaceutical drugs are one size fits all. The Homeopathic
"drugs" are individually targeted to the entire person. It is a
remarkable point of view.

Citizen Jimserac