Old August 23rd 03, 06:18 AM
Twins409

Default How do you decide?

I think you made the right decision, too. I have 6 year-old twin boys. They
were together for Pre-K and Kindergarten, and I was thinking that I wanted to
separate them for first grade. I wanted to do so mainly because their
Kindergarten teacher was constantly somparing them ("Did you know that one
reads better than the other?" etc.) It drove me crazy because I see them as
completely different people, and I hate it when people compare them like that.
I was thinking then that I would separate them, but everyone (teachers, people
at church who work at their school, etc.) recommended that I keep them
together. There also is one really good first grade teacher, and I did not
want one to get her and the otehr to not get her, so I jept them in the same
class this year for first grade. So far, so good.

My point is that I think it is a good idea to take it on a year by year basis.
Each circumstance is different. I am sure some twins work better together and
others work better apart. I love it that you are taking it one step at a time.
Way to go!

Tina
Mommy of Kyle and Joey - 4/9/97
Mommy of Kyle and Joey - 4/9/97