Old August 23rd 03, 03:22 PM
Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)

Default How do you decide?

We can't really "pick" teachers but you can voice a strong preference for
the teacher you want your child to be taught by - at least in the last 3
schools we've been to. You can write or talk to the principal and tell them
"why" you want a particular teacher for your child. Does it mean you will
get them - no - just raises the chances of the pupil assignment and if the
reasons are rational - not some gibberish, two to one you'll get the teacher
of your choice. As a school secretary for the district my kids go to - even
my principal listens to the parents and we have reassigned kids accordingly.

Shirley

"KimandJuan" wrote in message

I am curious, several people have mentioned keeping the kids together

because
they had a preference for one particular teacher. I wasn't aware that the
schools let you choose the teacher. I taught at a private school and

parents
had no say in choosing the teacher, unless there was an extreme

circumstance.
I wonder if you are allowed to choose because of the twins or if everyone

can
choose.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and